The State Bank of India has been serving its customers consistently since its inception in 1955. The bank’s employees are at the heart of this success. More than 2.5 lakh people work in this institution, and it conducts annual recruitment for more. The bulk of the employees are taken-in via the SBI clerk exam.
The application for this exam is available on the bank’s website. Candidates have to fill it online only by clicking on ‘SBI Clerk Apply Online 2021’. It is preferred that the candidate begin preparations with all the necessary information and documents required by the application form.
Documents and Information Needed For the Online Application
The SBI Clerk form is an online-only document with spaces for personal information filled in by the candidate. While the candidate can fill many sections by just typing the respective details, others demand digital versions of physical documents. The candidate must be aware of all this and have the same ready before proceeding with the application process.
Knowledge of Eligibility Criteria
Not everyone can apply for the SBI clerk exam; there are eligibility criteria that an aspiring candidate is required to meet to qualify. The categories and corresponding criteria are as follows:
- Age: The candidate must be between 20 and 28 years old as of January 1st, 2021. There are relaxations in this criterion for candidates of respective listed categories.
- Citizenship: This exam is for Indian/Bhutanese/Nepali citizens. Tibetian refugees and Indian-origin persons from the countries of Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Zaire, Kenya, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intent to permanently settle in India, and those possessing a certificate of eligibility issued by the Indian Government are allowed too.
- Education: Graduate from any recognized institution in any discipline. Equivalent degrees from Government-recognized institutions are also allowed.
Means and Knowledge of the Website
The whole application process is online, so the candidate must have access to a gadget with a capable internet connection and a web browser to access the form. They must also have the technical know-how to navigate the site and fill in the necessary details as instructed.
Digital Versions of Documents
The candidate must prepare scanned versions of the following documents before using them on the application form:
- A 4.5×3.5 cm photograph (passport-sized) to be attached to the application form. It must be in JPEG format with a size no larger than 50 KB. The resolution must be 220 x 230 pixels.
- The candidate’s signature, to be made on a white, blank sheet of paper using black ink only.
- The left-hand thumb impression of the candidate pressed on a white sheet of paper using blue or black ink.
- A handwritten declaration in English. Only those written using Black ink on white paper are accepted.
SBI provides a reliable banking platform for its customers and a great career path for its employees. If you are also an aspiring candidate, start your journey with the SBI by filling the form titled ‘SBI Clerk Apply Online 2021’ correctly.